IRS has a very specific method for corporation differentiation. Some of them are put under a classification that makes them exempt from filing taxes. However, any representative in this category will need to file the blank w-9 form.
How to Define a Nonprofit Corporation?
Those types should meet the following criteria:
- To be engaged in activities only for charity reasons;
- Be organized for scientific or public safety activities;
- Be positioned as a religious organization;
- Those who collect investments for charity events or legitimate charities;
- Those who previously filed the document;
- If the organization is positioned as a nonprofit and provides services not related to its purpose, then it has to report taxes and file a w-9 form.
To be sure that your firm belongs to the tax-exempt category, visit the official Internal Revenue Service website and use a specialized search. It will help you to better identify your company and find more supporting information.
Tips to Complete Your Form W-9 Online
Any nonprofit corporation that earns money needs to include the following information in the w-9 PDF blank:
- The name of the corporation filling out the template. Insert the full official name included in the official document;
- The mailing address of your company, together with the TIN. That is the number used for tax payment identification;
- Your organization should not complete the line containing exempt payee code or Compliance Act Reporting Code since it is not applicable in your case;
- Add detailed information supporting why your nonprofit company should be exempt from paying taxes. In your case it is the IRS code 501;
- Add your signature;
As you can see, the PDF template is quite short and doesn't take a long time to fill out. The fastest way to file the form is to do so digitally.